Be Smart; Guard Your Heart
Be Smart; Guard Your Heart offers scriptural truths and practical tools to help young women
make wise choices. This course helps young women to recognize that every choice in their
life is a seed, that is either leading them towards their God-given purpose or away from that
purpose. This course will challenge them to live with intention and focus in the midst of a
culture that is inundated with distraction. The course will also point each learner to the
Word of God as the final authority in one’s life.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Upon completion, each learner should have:
1. A clear understanding of her value as a daughter of God.
2. An understanding about what it means to discover the plan of God for her life.
3. An understanding about sowing and reaping and making wise choices.
4. An understanding about the authority and finality of the Word of God.
5. An understanding of what it means to Guard your Heart as the Word of God instructs.
This course will be conducted virtually. The following methodologies will be used:
1. Discussion of Biblical principles
2. Questions and Answer sessions
3. Group Discussion.
4. Suggestions of Additional Biblical Readings
No of Sessions (videos) : 9
1. #besmartguardyourheart Intro: This lesson sets up the course and discusses the scripture Proverbs 14:12
2. You are a gift: This lesson discusses the value that each person holds as a child of God.
3. The Gift of Surrender: This lesson discusses the importance of discovering God’s plan for your life and surrendering to that plan.
4. The Gift of Purpose: This lesson reinforces the idea that God has a great plan for our lives. This lesson discusses how purpose keeps us focused.
5. Wisdom’s Guarantee: This lesson demonstrates the importance of the Word of God, and how the Word of God will keep us grounded and focused.
6. Guaranteed Harvest: This lesson focuses on the principles of Sowing and Reaping
7. Patterns: This lesson discusses generational sin and blessings; and how patterns in our lives must be addressed with the Word of God.
8. The Guard: This lesson discusses how to identify lies and apply the truth of God’s Word to those lies.
9. The Grace to Endure: This lesson encourages believers to continue running their race of faith and never give up!
10. There is a Journal page which participants can use for note taking
Details of the Program
Course Duration: Course should be completed in 9 weeks or at one’s leisure.
No. of sessions: 9
Course Fee: Rs. 499/-
(As an introductory offer, the course will have a 100% discount. It will be a paid course later.)
Mode Of Teaching: Online videos and Questions in Word Document
1. Who is this program for?
This program is best suited for teen and young adult girls, ages 12-20, ideally to be completed with their mothers.
2. What is the course duration?
This course should ideally be completed in 9 weeks or at one’s leisure.
3. Can both parents participate in the sessions along with their child?
Yes, you can. (This can also be done between a mentor – e.g., a Sunday school teacher – and a teen/ young adult girl.)
4. Can a church take up this program and do it for their church members?
Yes, a church can get their families to do it. Each participating family need to first register themselves on https://www.lifewayequip.com to gain access to the sessions. The Church needs to have a plan as to how they will run the program. We suggest that all the participants meet together after the 4th session to discuss the progress, share experiences, encourage each other and, also, to have some fun. (If you cannot meet in person, you could also do this over internet platforms such as Zoom, Teams etc)
5. Can people outside the Church do this program?
Yes, they can. However, they must be made aware fully that this is a Christian program.
6. Can this program be used for teen/ young adult boys?
The sessions are designed for teen and young adult girls. However, a parent/ teacher/ mentor could use the biblical references, principles and learnings in order to teach young boys also.