This study program aims towards increasing a believer’s knowledge about and of the Bible and also teach the books of the Bible. While there are plenty of programs and courses that achieve that objective, there are few programs that equips a believer to study the Bible on their own. At times, these programs offer only theoretical knowledge on how to study the Bible. There are not many programs that guide a believer to have an experiential knowledge of studying the Bible and its hermeneutic application. A guide, mentor or teacher who will not only teach the theoretical aspects, but also lead them into an experience of the revelation of the Word through a dependence on the Holy Spirit of God is critical to having an intimate relationship with God and fulfilling His will and purpose.
“Dive Deep” is a series that attempts to guide believers to develop a deeper understanding and experience of God’s Word. It will aim to equip and enable believers to study under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, who through His revelation, will not just enable believers to have knowledge of His Word, but will enable them to bring every area of their lives under submission to the authority and governance of God, willingly and purposefully.
Program learning outcomes
Upon completion, a believer should be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of key terminologies related to studying the Bible
- Research and present learnings
- Exegete passages from scripture
- Detect false teachings, false teachers and any deviation from a correct understanding and interpretation of God’s Word
- Have a daily and deeper intimacy with God, thereby fulfilling His will and purpose
- Answer everyone who asks to give the reason for the hope that they have
- Enable others to dive deeper into God’s Word
The course will be conducted 100% virtually. The following methodologies will be used:
- Introduction of keywords
- Researching and self-study
- Question and Answer sessions
- Teaching how to do exegesis
- Exegesis presentations by participants/ Learning Circles
- Times of reflection
Who is this program for? Any believer who desires to have a closer walk with God.
No. of sessions: 11
Frequency: Every Friday evening from 6 pm to 8 pm Indian Time
Facilitators: Capt. Jose Oommen, Pastors Francis Fernandez and Josephine Fernandez
Certification: Certificate of Attendance by LifeWay Leadership Institute